Tags:
  • Unlock
  • Computers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking
December 26, 2012 5:14:28 PM

Hi everybody,

A very happy christmas to you all.

I messed up my computer on the christmas day :(  I was trying to add remove some accounts on my computer, and by mistake i removed both the accounts.. Administrator, and homeuser/name with the control userpassword2 option.

Now i am unable to log into the computer. Neither does administrator work, neither the username i used earlier.
Keeping the username and password blank does not work either. each time it shows "enter user name "
Hitting escape does not work either.

I used a third party app named windows unlocker for resetting the windows admin password, that does not work either as there is no username listed to unlock.

Any tip suggestions?`

More about : accounts deleted control userpassword2

a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 5:24:32 PM

depending on the model, it may have come with a recovery partion. this can be loaded by rebooting and press a key or combination. what make and model is it.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 5:30:18 PM

Start up in safe mode. If you cannot start in safe mode boot from your install disk and select repair your computer. You can roll back to a recent restore point before you made the change or you can try a direct fix.

Open an elevated command prompt box by typing cmd in the start button search window, then right click on it and select run as administrator. Then just add a user from the command line like this: http://www.windows-commandline.com/2009/05/add-user-to-...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 26, 2012 5:32:53 PM

turn pc off, then keep hitting key for safemode

there is a default admin account that you can log into from there.

if that doesnt work grab your windows disc/a windows disk then use it with cmd to create another account so you can login
December 26, 2012 5:40:54 PM

Thanks guys for your responses.
Its working now. Based on your responses I enabled the default administrator account from safe mode with command prompt using net user administrator /active:yes command and the next reboot straight took me straight into my desktop.
Gosh, thanks all.. i was wondering if i might have to reinstall everything back again.
m
l
December 26, 2012 7:54:16 PM

Best answer selected by holyindian.
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK