Accounts deleted through control userpassword2, need help

holyindian

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hi everybody,

A very happy christmas to you all.

I messed up my computer on the christmas day :( I was trying to add remove some accounts on my computer, and by mistake i removed both the accounts.. Administrator, and homeuser/name with the control userpassword2 option.

Now i am unable to log into the computer. Neither does administrator work, neither the username i used earlier.
Keeping the username and password blank does not work either. each time it shows "enter user name "
Hitting escape does not work either.

I used a third party app named windows unlocker for resetting the windows admin password, that does not work either as there is no username listed to unlock.

Any tip suggestions?`

Solution
turn pc off, then keep hitting key for safemode

there is a default admin account that you can log into from there.

if that doesnt work grab your windows disc/a windows disk then use it with cmd to create another account so you can login

RealBeast

Distinguished
Start up in safe mode. If you cannot start in safe mode boot from your install disk and select repair your computer. You can roll back to a recent restore point before you made the change or you can try a direct fix.

Open an elevated command prompt box by typing cmd in the start button search window, then right click on it and select run as administrator. Then just add a user from the command line like this: http://www.windows-commandline.com/2009/05/add-user-to-group-from-command-line.html

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
turn pc off, then keep hitting key for safemode

there is a default admin account that you can log into from there.

if that doesnt work grab your windows disc/a windows disk then use it with cmd to create another account so you can login

Solution

holyindian

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Thanks guys for your responses.
Its working now. Based on your responses I enabled the default administrator account from safe mode with command prompt using net user administrator /active:yes command and the next reboot straight took me straight into my desktop.
Gosh, thanks all.. i was wondering if i might have to reinstall everything back again.