Usb disk security

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksiemb

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Do you mean write protect - If not, then explain.
Format the usb drive.

siminoj

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I installed usb disk security software in my lap top.After that i put password. now my lap top is usb disk security protected. But after that i cannot copy anything from my computer to any USB or pen drive.And then i try to uninstall the software. its saying that "run the software as administrator and unlock then uninstall''. I do run as administrator then open usb disk security page,& try to unlock but still asking run as administrator and unlock. i repeat many times. but same. now i cannot copy anything from my laptop to USB .please help me to solve this problem.
thank you for reply.
Philip.

siminoj

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

I installed usb disk security software in my lap top.After that i put password. now my lap top is usb disk security protected. But after that i cannot copy anything from my computer to any USB or pen drive.And then i try to uninstall the software. its saying that "run the software as administrator and unlock then uninstall''. I do run as administrator then open usb disk security page,& try to unlock but still asking run as administrator and unlock. i repeat many times. but same. now i cannot copy anything from my laptop to USB .please help me to solve this problem.
thank you for reply.
Philip.

ksiemb

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

I don't know what software you installed and are using, so I would search for an online forum for the application, and post your issue there.

siminoj

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

Good morning Randini. Yes I do right click for run as administrator .and i click that too. but after i click run as administrator one box appear for conformation i chose YES then after nothing happening .i did again and again. but the same.and i try to uninstall from control panel but it saying IT IS RUNNING CURRENTLY ,CLOSE IT FIRST THEN UNINSTALL.

I dont know how to remove this. :(

thanks Randini.

astroguy

Honorable
May 9, 2012
hi siminoj.open to the USb disk security interface then go to data protection.click unlock in the USb access control tab.you will be required to input the password you entered in the beginning and pap!it will unlock and your problem will be solved.:)

anonymous_74

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hi siminoj,
Before trying to run as admin, go to task manager. In processes tab, select USBguard.exe and then click 'End process'. Now in start menu, type 'usb disk security'. Right click on the program and give 'run as admin'. Try now to unlock it.

timelimitx

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thank you. I have the same problem as siminoj. I just followed your instructions and I was able to unlock my Data Protection in USB Disk Security. Really thanks a lot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.