iPad Hacked to Show Jailbreak is Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
7 Apple product articles in a row, beginning to think that maybe the April Fools joke was indeed not a joke at all... If i find myself tempted to buy an iPad, i blame Tom's!

G

What's the point? - Less than one percent of users want to mess about with something that already works. It's like taking a brand new BMW and felling chuffed because you learnt to service it yourself. The days when everyone's PC would constantly be causing problems and getting stuff done took longer and longer are gone. Move on chaps and allow these new tools to enhance your life not take it over. And if you don't like the ecosystem then don't buy it.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]blasterth[/nom]7 in a row![/citation]6 in a row. Fail. Anyway... Tuan, you should really check out those other Slate's that other guy mentioned... there was like 7 of them and a couple looked pretty sweet. Have a good day everyone.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Seriously guys, enough with Apple already...
I own a MacBook which I enjoy, but come on guys, you've overdone it, I guess all those Apple hardware in your press room brainwash you silently by broadcasting evil messages to your subconscious...

I am sure that if Intel or AMD only released a product every 2 years you would go nuts when it came out, but this is not the right way to give credit to a company.

You were given an inflated iPod so nothing to write about it and you invent about everything else, like trying to understand a modern art exhibit, you are trying to find the big plan behind it.

There is no big plan it's just a Big Mac iPod, and they are letting you find ways to use it, while the gain the extra cash, for doing nothing.

Where is the world going...

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'll buy anything if it's shiny and made by apple.

http://www.theonion.com/video/apple-introduces-revolutionary-new-laptop-with-no,14299/

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
It's just sad that people are forced to Jailbreak anything they own in order to get full function out of it. Why do people waste their money on Apple products?

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I know I find Apple products to be over-hyped, restrictive, and over-priced. I know the iPad is missing key features that push it toward worthless. However, with all these articles on Tom's I found myself defending the iPad to total strangers this morning in a coffee shop. I keep repeating, "It just works!" over and over again...

counselmancl

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Why even try to keep a platform closed? Just embrace enabling instead of restricting people. It only enhances the product, generates more revenue and encourages innovation.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I agree,

Enough about the big itouch.

I usually come here to read about the latest hardware... motherboards, video cards etc. Now I have to sift through a whole bunch of Apple nonsense to find anything of value to me.

Please stop using the word intuitive in your articles.

I really think that anyone that uses the word intuitive is not playing with a full deck.

Intuitive means “perceiving by intuition”. One definition of intuition is “direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.”

The use of this word when describing an electronic device is comical.

Most hardware enthusiasts are rolling their eyes patiently waiting for this hype to die down.

Please no more. Anymore and you may have to change your site to

itards.com

Don't worry about banning me..... I am banning myself for life.

Apple's marketing targets those who are independent of any reasoning process.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
somebody needs to write some virii already so all the mac fan boys can have one less thing to try to brag about!

anyhow.. i love my iphone and all, but I'm not going to spend $600+ for an iPad.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Oh you poor babies. You hate anything Apple and despise the iPad because it won't play Crysis or encode an hour of H264 video in 10 minutes flat. When will you get it? The iPad is a "content delivery device" not a "content creation device".

You must be so upset that reviewers actually like it and the experience of using it. And that Apple is selling them like crazy to everyone, not just Apple "iDrones" or "sheeple". Interesting, the only other time I hear the word "sheeple" is from all those 9/11 conspiracy nuts or fans of Zeitgeist (sp).

No Flash support? Looks like websites are starting to switch to HTML5 for video, even Youtube has done this. You must really hate the fact that developers are actually spending time converting their websites to work with the iPad (HTML5). Or that the iPad may be the catalyst to start a quicker adoption of HTML5 so we can get away from having to rely on 3rd party plugins to view content.

Speaking of which, it's funny how people complain about the iPad being "restrictive". And you're telling me that FORCING me to install a plugin (Flash) so I can go online and view websites isn't being "restrictive"? I thought you guys were about open standards? Hypocrites.

Even Tom's is getting upset at all you haters constantly whining about the amount of iPad content here. If you don't like it, then don't bother reading the threads.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]HalJordan[/nom]I know I find Apple products to be over-hyped, restrictive, and over-priced. I know the iPad is missing key features that push it toward worthless. However, with all these articles on Tom's I found myself defending the iPad to total strangers this morning in a coffee shop. I keep repeating, "It just works!" over and over again...[/citation]

Do you have a craving for brains too?

Status
Not open for further replies.