Hands-On with Microsoft's New Touch Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Really like the design, very understated but different at the same time. At 80 bucks though, I'll pass until a price drop.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i have a razor naga, i got it for web browsing.
i have next tab, new tab previous tab, refresh, search, page down, page up, close tab, reopen closed tab, increase size, decrease size, normal size, all mapped to the 12 buttons, and i can say, i cant live without them anymore.

gesture stuff like that just seams retarded to me. give me a real button.

G

this is a joke.. we need to make something with eye movement and get rid of th emouse

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]kikireeki[/nom]it looks like a shoe! but cool nevertheless .[/citation]
That's no shoe! That's DAAAASSSSS BOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!

blondu07

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
o brother !!....width that mouse ur gona end up width finger problem's............like juliteefgheyttlick
said .....give me a real buton.......beter to push a buton........after a HR of using that mouse il get my fingers chronic diseases...

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Looks like it has a more ergonomic shape than Apple's Magic Mouse, but Microsoft has done the same stupid thing Apple had done for the last 6 years: No physical right click.
In order to right click, you have to lift your index finger off the mouse's surface.

360° scrolling is awesome, inertia scrolling is awesome, finger gestures are awesome (I got all those on the touchpad of my MacBook)..... but a mouse with no physical right click is a huge pain.

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
hmmm wonder how this thing will do in intense gaming... i know if i accidentally switched weapons in something mission critical i would probably launch it at the closest wall... although theres no buttons so would it break?? hmmm........

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I would think that accidental button pushing would be a deal breaker. I'd prefer a regular mouse over that because I don't have to keep my fingers hovering over the buttons until I need to press them. It's gotta be a little hard to hold with just the back half of your hand..

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I played with the Magic Mouse on my PC (back when you could still find the driver hack to get it working). There were a couple annoying things about it that may or may not be problems for the MS version.

The biggest was "Scroll Wheel" functionality. I'm used to wheels with detents so you can scroll one line at a time... it was hard to control the amount of scroll with the MM. Not a big deal for browsing the web, but it made the mouse unusable for some gaming (or at least you couldn't use the wheel for weapon select).

The other thing was how it would send scroll commands when I clicked (presumably because my finger moved some on the mouse when I made the click motion). Pretty annoying.

These devices look cool... but the quality of the drivers is going to be critical to making them as easy to use as their traditional counterparts.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
If this mouse was made by Apple with a $150 price tag people would be standing in line to buy it, but since it's not Apple people are cringing at the $80 price tag.

blondu07

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
people!!...chill......no need to change ur mouse's......better invest ur dollars in something else.....
after all....Microsoft's staff just got board end din't no what to come up width...:))

G

Apple already has the same the out for sale for $69.99 CDN. Called the "Magic Mouse" on the Apple website.

Status
Not open for further replies.