JCB Shows Off Rugged Phones for U.S. Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
would LOVE to have a durable phone... but im curious the specs on the smartphone one and th os guess 'll have to research that later, but could be promising as I've replaced my pre 3 times so far due to breaking it

G

I've had a JCB tough phone for over two years now and I can say that it does exactly what it says on the tin, which is not a lot! If all you do is text and phone then it's fine, but if you want more from a phone forget it. It's built like a brick, so is heavy and huge by todays standards, you could probably kill someone with it if you threw it at them hard enough.

The first time someone calls you or sends you a text you will jump out of your skin, it's made for noisey environments so you could say it's just a little on the loud side. I've dropped mine many times and never been worried about using it in the rain, so far it's been bulletproof.

You should also be aware if you live outside the UK that they are in fact made by a company called Sonim but done in jcb colours, they offer a no quibble parts and replacement warranty should you happen to damage the phone. http://www.sonimtech.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.