VIDEO: Google Shows Off Honeycomb/Android 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
I just hope at least one tablet will come out with support for a stylus pen. Thats my main problem with tablets right now, I want content creation to get better so that I can use it as an all-in-one school appliance and take notes easily in chem and draw graphs in econ etc....also get digital versions of textbooks and the whole lot...would make life so much easier :)

qhoa1385

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
I am almost 100% sure that 3.0 is still gonna be laggy, not as smooth as iOS and WDP7
and that is the only reason why I don't use Android

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]baracubra[/nom]I just hope at least one tablet will come out with support for a stylus pen. Thats my main problem with tablets right now, I want content creation to get better so that I can use it as an all-in-one school appliance and take notes easily in chem and draw graphs in econ etc....also get digital versions of textbooks and the whole lot...would make life so much easier[/citation]

Tablets have a long way to go before they can come near paper for note-taking...

Even with a stylus, it's still slower than pencil and pen. Try drawing a Lewis structure of a complex molecule on a tablet. Try writing some long winded phrases on a tablet. You'll see what I mean...

On the other hand, an E-reader that come pre packed with all textbooks would be brilliant. I don't like having to drag several kilos of books around with me.

ImagineTek

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
I am almost 100% sure that 3.0 is still gonna be laggy

Not quite sure what you're basing that assumption on, but bear in mind there's going to be some multi-core chips being dropped into tablets this year so I think everything will be fine.

thartist

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
[citation][nom]qhoa1385[/nom]I am almost 100% sure that 3.0 is still gonna be laggy, not as smooth as iOS and WDP7and that is the only reason why I don't use Android[/citation]
Right or wrong, i'd expect version 3.1 to iron out several rough edges only because Honeycomb is a rather big release so you may have a point in the end.

Ransom22

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
[citation][nom]baracubra[/nom]I just hope at least one tablet will come out with support for a stylus pen. Thats my main problem with tablets right now, I want content creation to get better so that I can use it as an all-in-one school appliance and take notes easily in chem and draw graphs in econ etc....also get digital versions of textbooks and the whole lot...would make life so much easier[/citation]

The HP Slate 500 comes with a stylus. If it's anything like the stylus that I used with the Lenovo x60 tablet it will be really good. The x60 did a fantastic job of simulating paper and pencil, especially for note taking. It was easy to draw complex graphs, even switching between colors, and writing long phrases.

G

Ha! If you pause the video at 1:01, the center YouTube video is Apple's "Introducing the iPad" video. Priceless!

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It's crazy to think how big Google is, that they can make custom version of gmail, google maps, youtube, etc. because they OWN them all.

toofly

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure 3.0 won't be issued to smart phones, that's what 2.3 is all about. The whole point of 3.0 is for Tablets, and using the 7"+ screen size, which allows for very different controls. Imagine trying to use the Tabbed Web Browser they preview on your 2.5" width phone in a vertical position... the tabs would be TINY

Status
Not open for further replies.