Samsung's Wi-Fi Camera That Works With Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
The price seems reasonable, and the 5X optical zoom is Nice. The added features it is introducing can be very useful to the right person. But... does Samsung make nice camera's to begin with? I am not saying it doesn't. I am really just asking if the final resulting pictures it takes are as good as similar products made by Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc..

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]techcurious[/nom]I am really just asking if the final resulting pictures it takes are as good as similar products made by Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc..[/citation]

Well i have a 7MP Samsung camera, a 10MP samsung camera and a 10MP Canon camera.
The Canon camera kills the Samsung camera in every criteria, Low-Light, High-Speed, Clarity, Noise (incredibly low no matter the lighting).

But mind you, both of those Samsung camera's are 2-3 years old.

Samsung can't go backwards in quality so i can assume that quality should be no problem but the small sensor on that camera won't work great in low-light conditions (at night in a poorly lit area).

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
In the compact realm, samsung cameras compete pretty well. with the other names. They are sticking to their consumer focus (hence the introduction of a whizbang feature like remote phone control) so don't expect it to take any Time Magazine cover shots. But for a gadget camera, this one is worth a look!

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Very neat idea from Samsung. Hopefully, Samsung doesn't patent this WiFi camera to phone idea. Because I would like Canon to have this feature on their camera, so that I could take pictures from my DSLR and have the pictures store/backup to my Smartphone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.