WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Denied Bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
"... You might think it strange that Sarah would want to throw a party in honour of the man about whom she would later make a complaint to police concerning their liaison the night before. This is only one of several puzzling flaws in the prosecution case. A few hours after that party, Sarah apparently Tweeted: ‘Sitting outside ... nearly freezing, with the world’s coolest people. It’s pretty amazing!’ She was later to try to erase this message..." "...Earlier this year, Sarah is reported to have posted a telling entry on her website, which she has since removed. But a copy has been retrieved and widely circulated on the internet. Entitled ‘7 Steps to Legal Revenge’, it explains how women can use courts to get their own back on unfaithful lovers. Step 7 says: ‘Go to it and keep your goal in sight. Make sure your victim suffers just as you did.’ (The highlighting of text is Sarah’s own.)..."
-From the Daily Mail

Sounds alot like a BS charge to me.

dinga911

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
The 'west' is awarding nobel prize to someone fighting for democracy in china and jailing the one who revealed the 'secrets' to the people,don't people need to know that american soldiers are fighting so called terrorists funded by 'saudi arabia' (an ally of the usa!) nd then they call this man terrorist.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Adding to that, I really wish the Swedish court didn't withhold her real name. Even if he is found innocent, his name is smeared forever as is always the case when people (especially men) are charged with sexual crimes. The woman, on the other hand, gets away with it with her name unmentioned even if its found she lied about the whole thing, which seems very likely to me. What are the odds that she makes a blog post like that, has an extremist feminist background, and got sexually assaulted by him so close to the date of the newest cable releases? BS, I say.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I don't remember court involving in suspicions. Everything is based on facts, and that is Julian Assange. It's not rape unless they don't accept it, and did both of them say no to sex? No. Thats like if I went to a restaurant, order some food, chef got the order wrong and I complained, the waiter/waitress said they won't replace it, I accept the fact and eat it, then complain on how I won't pay. If I didn't eat the food, I can just leave, but if I ate it, I have to pay. Assange's condom broke, Women 1 didn't like it, but still had sex, and enjoyed it. Women 2 didn't like how Assange isn't going to wear a condom, but accepted it and still had sex with him, then declare rape? There is a difference between seduction and rape. :)

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Is this kind of stuff gonna be like 1984 and the Apocalypse of John,( a.k.a. Revelation)...where everything is gonna be cool then...wham!...next thing we know we are bulldozing the whole internet infrastructure.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Although the guy looks like a weirdo, he most definately has been set up here. As someone who supports free speech, I hope that he doesn't get shipped off to the US, because he will certainly face the rest of his life behind bars.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
i say counter sue them for having sex without a lubricant ! just tell the court it was too rough and that you asked to use a lube but they refused ......... be creative Assange common step it up.

cp8427

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Talk about propaganda... I mean rape charges... c'mon America... Is that the best OUR government can do? Hardly convincing IMO.

slofat1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
This reads just like 1984. This guy has been 100% setup by the gov't. People nod their heads like this junk is true and actually think these charges could be real. Rape charges, come on this is unreal insane bogus. People have the right to free press.. this is gov't trying to be in control, they're not.. we are. I was riding on Bart in the bay area this morning thinking how its not true, big brother isn't watching me, and then it hit me there were 2 cameras in there watching everyone from every angle. What has the world come to, the have access to every message sent. I worked at a cell phone company and they had 5-6 people working full time to go through all the legal docs regarding giving the gov't wire taps to everyone's cell phone calls. Fight back against this or soon you'll notice then your in North Korea in a giant stadium raising cards for a fat man known simply as big brother.

functionofx

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
I'm not sure how legit this article is, but apparently someone took some screenshots of posts this alleged rape victim made on twitter (which have since been taken down) AFTER the supposed rape took place. She talks about plans for attending a party with Julian in one, and how much fun she's having in the other. Doesn't sound like someone who had just been raped to me.

http://radsoft.net/news/20101001,01.shtml

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
If he's innocent why did he flee the country, refuse to talk with the prosecutors about the changes at any point, and not appear on any of 4 scheduled court dates in Sweden forcing them to issue an international arrest warrant?

functionofx

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
I did a quick search to try to find sources for the information you gave, but didn't have any luck. All I could find was that he was charged, then the charges were cleared, and then later the investigation was reopened. It seems it was never actually rape anyway, but consensual sex without a condom, and I guess in Sweden that's a sex crime.

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
women who lie about being raped should be raped.
a women sending a man to jail for a rape he didnt commit is pretty much on the same level as a man raping a women in my books.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
You have to be kidding me.
If you refuse to wear condom it your right, but also girl have right to refuse to have sex with you if you don't. But then she evidently didn't so this is hardly rape.

aofjax

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
To be honest, this is the best thing the government can do to set up someone. For one, they can't simply use murder since it would involve way too much effort, especially overseas, and it would seem too obvious. Rape would be the next best thing, because as someone said, even if a man was proven innocent in a rape case, his reputation is smeared forever, giving the government more leverage to down play any involvement. Also, whether proven guilty or not, he more than likely will have to register as a sex offender whenever he goes now, so tracking him would be easier. This would be a great way to show other "Wikileakers" as well not to release any more sensitive docs, otherwise, you would have the same fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.