Get The iPhone 4 for $25 at Radio Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
only morons(previous iPhone user/owners) will want another failure (iPhone4)

Im happy with my Samsung Galaxy S and Xperia X10 (yea I have 2 phones)

mrfahrenheit94

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Umm...grammar check the header, or whatever the thing is below the title, because as it reads now, it says "Radio Shack is have a sale on iPhone this week only" when I think you meant to say "Radio Shack is having a sale on iPhones this week only"

brianbed

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
Great Op! Could do without the thread flaming, though.

I wonder why Apple haters read Apple news stories. Nevermind, this is a classic psychological case of low self esteem and insecurity. Want to change the world? Shutdown your Windows 7 box and do something.

I just bought the mom a Droid 2, because it is arguably the best smart phone on Verizon, and it is very good. I still have my 3GS which was arguably the best smart phone, period, when I bought it.

The Droid is a great device that leans more toward the computer side, while the iPhone is more of an appliance. Personally, if I want a computer, I use a computer (like now). The productivity is far greater than any phone. On the road, I need something that is intuitive, focused, and smooth.

Sure, the Droid 2 has full-mutitasking, but the very concept on a small phone seems a little silly. The Droid 2 may benchmark faster than the 3GS in single apps, but I have seen nothing to confirm this. As a matter of fact, I have yet to find a Droid phone to be as consistently smooth as even the 3GS.

Personally, the 3GS/4 would have been a better choice for my mother. In an attempt to push the envelop, Android phones tend to miss what the majority of what the public wants: accessibility and simplicity. The Droid 2 tries to cram as much on screen as possible, which is not good for the mom.

For the haters:

- the 3GS and 4 get longer web 3G/WiFi battery life than any Android phone to date.
- talk time is comparable
- my dropped call experience is on par with AT&T, better than Sprint, but not as good as Verizon
- my phone does not overheat nor randomly explode (nor have any of the dozens owned by acquaintances of mine)
- I have dropped mine several times from 5' on concrete without case cracking or screen cracking (hey, I am a geek not a football player)
- I do not worship Apple nor Jobs, I own 2 Windows boxes, 3 Linux boxes, and 1 Apple..and I told my mom to get a Droid 2

Why am I doing what is seemingly a waste of time?...Maybe, I am hoping if I can convince one hater to stop wasting their time and do something, the world will be a little bit better place, tomorrow. Cheers!

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
It's not the price of the phone that's bad, even an unlocked model. It's the monthly charges over the course of two years.

I can't justify paying for a "Smart Phone" when every plan is financially stupid.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]brianbed[/nom]Great Op! Could do without the thread flaming, though.I wonder why Apple haters read Apple news stories. Nevermind, this is a classic psychological case of low self esteem and insecurity. Want to change the world? Shutdown your Windows 7 box and do something.I just bought the mom a Droid 2, because it is arguably the best smart phone on Verizon, and it is very good. I still have my 3GS which was arguably the best smart phone, period, when I bought it. The Droid is a great device that leans more toward the computer side, while the iPhone is more of an appliance. Personally, if I want a computer, I use a computer (like now). The productivity is far greater than any phone. On the road, I need something that is intuitive, focused, and smooth. Sure, the Droid 2 has full-mutitasking, but the very concept on a small phone seems a little silly. The Droid 2 may benchmark faster than the 3GS in single apps, but I have seen nothing to confirm this. As a matter of fact, I have yet to find a Droid phone to be as consistently smooth as even the 3GS.Personally, the 3GS/4 would have been a better choice for my mother. In an attempt to push the envelop, Android phones tend to miss what the majority of what the public wants: accessibility and simplicity. The Droid 2 tries to cram as much on screen as possible, which is not good for the mom.For the haters:- the 3GS and 4 get longer web 3G/WiFi battery life than any Android phone to date. - talk time is comparable- my dropped call experience is on par with AT&T, better than Sprint, but not as good as Verizon- my phone does not overheat nor randomly explode (nor have any of the dozens owned by acquaintances of mine)- I have dropped mine several times from 5' on concrete without case cracking or screen cracking (hey, I am a geek not a football player)- I do not worship Apple nor Jobs, I own 2 Windows boxes, 3 Linux boxes, and 1 Apple..and I told my mom to get a Droid 2Why am I doing what is seemingly a waste of time?...Maybe, I am hoping if I can convince one hater to stop wasting their time and do something, the world will be a little bit better place, tomorrow. Cheers![/citation]

Does me saying 'no thanks ill stick with Android' constitute me hating or simply stating my opinion? I'm just asking.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Sure the iPhone has nice hardware, but nothing truly impressive. doesn't even stand up to that of the androids these days. Galaxy S pwns the iPhone in specs.

Furthermore the iPhone interface is so simple. it's nothing but a wall of app shortcuts, thats it. Android at least has customizable homescreens with widgets and many many other goodies.

boxpin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
A lot of hate for the IPhone here. I love mine and if it were not for the IPhone there would not be a Droid. Everyone is playing catch up and sure there are features to contend one with another but the bottom line is that Apple made a product that opened up a whole new line of phones. Credit where credit is due.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
That is actually a really good deal for those than want an iPhone 4. Personally, even as a 3GS owner, I'd rather spend a bit more and get an Android phone. But for many people the perceived 'prestige' of owning an iProduct is more important and for those this is a great deal.

knightofzeal

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
That is a pretty good deal, although my update status isn't up till February so no good for me on that aspect. Even so, I will probably end up getting the 4, but that all depends on who for and when the playstation phone comes out.

G

Would they still charge activation if you upgrade? Your number's already activated, so it seems you would just need to pull the SIM card out of your old phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.