Acer Launches Media Center System clear.fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
If it supports live TV, that would be fantastic. I love Windows Media Center, but the lack of new extenders is starting to sting. All MS has to do is let me buy a nettop and use it as an extender, but NOOOOOO, they have to be all stupid about it. I would be more than happy to buy acer nettops if I could watch the live and recorded TV on my main PC.

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
At least one company is starting to think about this, although I have been doing this for a few years already. The HUGE problem they have at the moment is Wifi. You cant stream 1080p content through it as it isnt fast enough, let alone if everyone in the house is using the wifi for there devices. It will bring your router to a crawl.
Faster Wifi IS on the horizon but until then this system will fail, stutter and baulk causing no amount of unhappy customers.
Good to see this starting though, well done ACER!!!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
doubtful tom's readers won't have mostly already doen setups liek this with existing platforms... but this brings it to the masses so to speak, intresting tech :D hope its easy for them to use

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
instead of watching a family video together in the living room, each one watches it in his/her own room. then they can have something to talk about at breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.