Acer support

Odium1031

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
I sent my Acer Aspire 7750G in for repairs in January because the AC adapter stopped charging when I was gaming. My warranty expired on February 1st. All they did last time was replace the AC adapter and it worked fine for just over a month. Are they still responsible for it since they replaced it with another faulty AC adapter? If so, how do I get in touch with them? There's no support email I can find to send my problem to.

Or am I just stuck replacing an infinite amount of AC adapters out of my own pocket from now on?

Odium1031

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Allow me to clarify a bit more. If the battery is in, and I play full screen 3D game the AC adapter stops charging and the power light flashes. If I unplug the AC adapter and play a full screen 3D game, it works just fine until the battery is depleted. If I take out the battery and play a 3D game with the AC adapter plugged in, the laptop turns off. All Acer did was replace the AC adapter when I sent it for repairs.

bearsie13

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

Please let me know how you rectified your issue. I too have been locking/freezing up and forced to do a hard shutdown after playing a game such as Rust or Ark within minutes of loading in, if it lets me load in at all without being forced to hard shutdown. I have played these games on it for a long time with no issues until most recently and steadily getting worse (more frequent). I have ran Catzilla and it passes for Ark as the lowest possible candidate for the game but it does (did) run it. When I am plugged in it will do the above mentioned yet when I leave it on battery only and play until depletion it has 0 issues on Highest Gaming Performance settings through windows power options.

Laptop:
Acer Aspire 7750G-6871
i5-2410M (passes bench test no problem)
2.9GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6850M up to 3830MB shared memory (1GB dedicated)
8GB DDR3 (Recently Brand New)
1TB Hybrid HDD Western Digital (1 yr old)