Looking for a quality budget laptop

mopar_kid

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Im looking for the most bang for my buck laptop. My budget is $450. Id like something reliable like asus, with Win7 and 4gb of memory, and 350+ gb HD. Also needs to have an optic drive and 3.0 USB. As for CPU, not sure, Im more of an Intel fan. I don't plan to game or anything demanding. Just stream, browse, download.

I was looking at the asus X54c-BBK19 but its discontinued :'(
Something of similar value would be much obliged.

Thanks

avacadobread

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
This little guy will cover everything that you want, except for windows 7. Overall it is a very fantastic piece of hardware, and at this price, cannot be beaten. Windows 8 may look different but it pretty much the same as 7, just the Start button is now its own screen.

I wanted to avoid 8 as much as the next person, but this laptop actually makes it very enjoyable to use with its multitouch gestures that makes navigating Win 8 very simple and very quick.

http://goo.gl/eux0E

3rd Gen Intel Core i3 @2.5 GHz

4GB of Ram (expandable to 16, very cheap and easy on your own)

500GB HDD, Windows 8 boots very fast because it now caches itself onto the HDD memory, therefore allowing it to boot close to SSD speeds.

Very cool textured look, bundles with some useful Toshiba software, not all of it is bloatware, and it is a Toshiba laptop.

I know this is a great piece of equipment because I own one, and even though it's nowhere near my desktop, I can do rendering on it with little problem.