Asus k55a not boot help plis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pito_15719

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
hello, a few days ago buy this laptop.
ASUS A55A-AH31-PK 15.6-Inch LED Laptop

the problem is that updates the BIOS to the latest version, and now when I turn it goes directly to the bios, it shows boot options.

the hard drive is fine, in the Current transition opbiones not boot at all.

anyone has the same problem. please help.

sorry for my english

Solution
My friend, I found the answer. Please enter the BIOS (press and hold F2 key when power on). Switch to “Boot” and set “Lunch CSM” to Enabled. Then switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled. Press F10 to save and exit. Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when notebook restart. Here is working now.

inzone

Splendid
When you update the bios it tends to reset all the settings in the bios and you may not have the hard drive with the OS on it selected as the first boot option and that's why it's bringing you to the bios on startup.
When you start the laptop and it brings you to the bios look for the boot sequence and make sure that the hard drive is listed first in the boot sequence.
Usually you don't need to update the bios unless you are having problems with the laptop or have changed hardware and upgraded something.

pito_15719

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
ok, letme explain again.

I update the BIOS to the latest version, following the instructions on the page. web, completed successfully the whole process starts now when the laptop goes straight to bios, no way to boot the boot from other media (HDD, DVD). I tried everything, reset bios defaults.
before the upgrade in the bios where you add or remove boot media, appeared the list of units included in the arranqe, now after the upgrade nothing appears.
Im really worried, appreciate all the help possible.

I've also tried to update from the BIOS flash tool easy start, but has an error: build date is too old. and is the same bios file I'm trying to mount.

the bios lost sequence boot? how i recovery it, any idea?

inzone

Splendid
I would go to the Asus site and download the bios version one step below what you installed and try that one. Like I had said you don't always need to update the bios to the newest one , you can use any of the ones in between what you had and what you tried to install.

chicofagundes

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

I have the same problem. If you fix it, please, let me know. fagundesfrancisco@hotmail.com

chicofagundes

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
My friend, I found the answer. Please enter the BIOS (press and hold F2 key when power on). Switch to “Boot” and set “Lunch CSM” to Enabled. Then switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled. Press F10 to save and exit. Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when notebook restart. Here is working now.

Solution

Levi Pereira

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Many thx for sharing it.

n07y0ur5

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
You're Awesome. I had the same issue. I tried to upgrade drives and everything. I even spent hours on the phone with multiple tiers of tech support with no answer, other than to bring it in to a service center where they said to return to manufacturer. I live in Hawaii so returning to the manufacturer cost $$$. You solved it though! If i could I'd send you a bus full of awesome to thank you further but this will have to do.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

chicofagundes

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

I am glad to help you. It's enough to me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.