Acer aspire 7551-2531 Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

uly_aspire_999

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Please somebody help me with my acer aspire 7551-2531. Power light is on, fan is running but nothing is on the screen. I tried using external monitor but just the same. No display. :(

Solution

Here's the thing. Its more than likely the motherboard that has gone bad. I am dealing with one at work and it will not display out to VGA even. I have also removed the memory, battery, DVD and WiFi card and it still will not work.

The best option is to get a new laptop and transfer data.

In all my work I have never had a HDD cause a no POST. I have had it cause a stall POST or...

uly_aspire_999

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Did you made any steps on resolving that? Is your laptop 7551-2531? Please let me know if you have answers for this and I will do the same if I find any solution other than wasting them. Thanks

midnihtoil

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I sent it to an acer repair shop to get it checked. They said I need to replace the HDD. Im not gonna pay the huge fees they have so im going to do it myself. Ill report back when I do.

Hi :)

I SERIOUSLY doubt its the hard drive....but easy to check...

When you get it back...REMOVE the hard drive and try booting again.... if it still does the same thing (no graphics) then its obviously NOT the hard drive....

All the best Brett :)

midnihtoil

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah thats what I was wondering.. I checked the HDD before sending it off, and it didnt fix the problem. (I mean I took it off and tried booting)

But why would they bill me a new hDD if that wasnt the problem?

Hi :)

They cannot bill you for a new hard drive once you tell them you already removed it and STILL had the problem...

Basically they are idiots...lol

All the best Brett :)

uly_aspire_999

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
how's your laptop now. I tried booting it without the hard drive and just the same, there's nothing on the screen. Im sure in my laptop, it's not the hard drive , also, I checked the hard drive by making it as external HDD on my other laptop and it is still working, so definitely it's not the HDD. Let me know if you have other solution for that. Thanks

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Here's the thing. Its more than likely the motherboard that has gone bad. I am dealing with one at work and it will not display out to VGA even. I have also removed the memory, battery, DVD and WiFi card and it still will not work.

The best option is to get a new laptop and transfer data.

In all my work I have never had a HDD cause a no POST. I have had it cause a stall POST or make a system take forever to POST but never a no POST.

Its kind of bad that they stated it was a bad HDD when it truly is not and rather a bad motherboard or GPU/IGP.

You can try pulling out the memory one stick at a time and see if that works. If not then its a bad board/GPU and not worth the costs to replace.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.