Laptop capable of music production

ryohazuki

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
1. What is your budget? $1200 Max

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Smallest screen size, 14 inches and the biggest being 15.6.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Not trying to completely replace my desktop, just enough to do certain tasks.

5. How much battery life do you need? 4-5 hours? Going to be plugged in most of the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Gaming isn't a necessity but is always nice since I game a lot on my desktop. If I game, probably gaming towards medium settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

The main thing I want to do with this laptop is music production. Nothing too advanced but enough to record decent / good quality samples of my music when I'm on the go and can't afford to use my desktop. I'm only just getting into music production, and don't need anything too crazy. Just enough to make good quality samples of my work.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

500GB - 1TB ( 7200 RPM )

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible? Haha, is 5 years asking for too much?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Optical drive isn't really necessary but if I can get a Blu ray reader with DVD Writing abilities, or even just a DVD Writer that'd be fine.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don't have much preferences but if I had to choose I guess....Samsung, Lenovo, or Sony. I don't know too much about laptop brands as I have always been a custom desktop kind of guy.

13. What country do you live in? United States of America.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Summarizing what I said, I'm really just looking for a laptop to do some audio production. Nothing crazy, just basic enough audio production to do things like record samples of my music. I don't do any multi track recording really and this isn't my profession. Plan on getting better at doing it, and want a laptop that is capable of pulling it off. Firewire isn't really necessary for me. Playing games also isn't a priority but would be nice to be able to do with atleast medium settings. Sorry if my answers aren't clear enough.

ryohazuki

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Oh and I was considering the new Samsung Series 7 Chronos with the Radeon 8770M, any thoughts on that laptop?