Dell Alienware/Asus ROG/MSi G-series/Toshiba Qosmio

Darkkiller4o

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hello guys,

I was wondering, what is your opinion on the leading gaming laptop series in the thread's title. What are the pros and cons of each brand. My opinion:

Alienware:
Pros: Seem very solid built and durable.
Cons: Quite expensive. Ridiculously heavy, almost lose the advantage of being portable compared with Desktops, and you can get significantly more powerful desktop for less money

ROG:
Pros: Seem quite solid built and the price is kinda reasonable.
Cons: Personally i find them terribly ugly, especially because screen's end does not match with the laptop's end. Not very light too

G-series:
Pros: Good price. Personally i find them quite good-looking. Some of them incredibly light for gaming laptop (GE60/70).
Cons: GE60/70 seem quite fragile, definitely care is needed when dealing with them.

Qosmio:
Pros: Reasonable price, good looking, not too heavy.
Cons: Personally i could not find obvious cons.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions too :)

Corning

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Don't forget

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

Even the Thin and light laptop could be used for entry and mid-grade gaming.

Pro: no watered down equipment, you get what you pay for, No extra junk loaded on your computer.
Con: Expensive - again you get what you pay for.

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Not sure about Qosimo but I have a Toshiba Satellite that survived two deployments to the Middle East and is still kicking. What I wasn't impressed with is updated driver support - it came with Vista and Toshiba didn't put any effort into providing drivers for Win 7. It was also about 6 months between video driver updates (this was before unified nVidia drivers).