Full system recovery with broken screen using HDMI monitor(laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manidontevenknow

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello,

i have searched around to no avail. i have a pretty broken screen due to a wreck i was in a couple months ago and have been using an acer monitor with hdmi.

when i try to do the F8 method at startup. i can see enough to choose repair my computer, but nothing else.

i have no idea what to do lol. is there anyone willing to help me? tom pls. lol

manidontevenknow

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
i just need to do a factory restore but i cannot see anything. i guess i didnt mention i have a laptop. my screen is broken and so i use an hdmi monitor to use the computer normally. soooo, when i can only see anything after the computer fully boots windows. nothing before that. :(

Jakerg17

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

that doesn't do anything man. Is there any other way.......

NordisKFail

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015

I kinda have the same problem as him and it did not work for me too, if someone could help that would be nice!

Bl0nd3y

Estimable
May 1, 2015
Please - somebody?? i have the same problem -
to simplify the issue and make it a little easier to understand (i hope lol)
*I have a laptop (HP G6) runs windows 7
*Screen is shattered yet machine runs fine using a HDMI cable connected to a large monitor
*Through HDMI display, the screen doesnt show anything thats on the laptop while its loading windows, or anything that happens or is displayed before the "user login" screen is displayed

*so for me to reach the restore manager, i press f11 for HP, and i can see in the tiny corner of my laptop screen, a box regarding system restore is displayed

BUT as i cannot see what im selecting, im unable to chose restore windows system.

i have made the HDMI output my main screen
i have set the laptop to show the HDMI upon laptop closure
I have tried to restore through windows, but the laptop restarts and basically takes me to where i am when i click f11 on start up.

Is their any way to have the HDMI output work instantly, upon computer turn on, or is this not possible?
I desperately need to reset my system to factory settings

thanks for your time

AussieTony

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015

Maybe someone could talk you through step by step key strokes of the hp recovery... Eliminating the not being able to see either screen?
Then, if you are successful.... I too will attempt the step by step instructions as I have the same frustrating issue!! :)

Markisname

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015

are you using windows 10 if so when you click to restart your laptop keep your finger on the left shit key. some are the same with other windows too. or try keep pressing f8 key from the second you you turn on.....or download the windows your using as you don't need a key to use the repair software. just typ in on good free windows download

TakeTheTicket

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
Replacing a laptop screen is VERY easy. I know it sounds scary, but if you can install a doorknob, you can install a laptop screen. The instructions vary from model to model, but a good place to start your screen-fixing quest is: https://www.laptopscreen.com/

EDIT: My screens for past repairs have always come from OEMs or an IT department; I know the website is a mess but I've heard good things about it but have not ordered from them personally.

Edfor

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
I don't know if this will solve your problem, but I opened the narrator (win+enter) and used that to work my way through until I managed to get to a point where the external monitor could be used

anub13

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
This maybe late but better than nothing..

As far as I know HDMI can't enter boot mode, if you were configuring restart with safe mode or press F8 they won't appear, you have to switch to non HDMI then after you got you wanted, you can switch back to HDMI. CMIIW.

Hope its help.

Regards,
Anub13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS