STILL NO SOUND PLAYING IN WINDOWS!! HELP!

francisbojczuk

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Yeah, I've downloaded the drivers from acer, updated my system etc... So why aren't any of my windows sounds working?
When I go to personalize them, it's got a yellow triangle next the them, and when I click test... NOTHING HAPPENS :fou:
I've tried changing the scheme, still nothing. What to DO?! :cry:

clarkjd

Distinguished
Are you sure that the physical volume control on your laptop is fully on? I once had a Toshiba that I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get sounds on..Turned out that the volume control(not the software one)wasn't turned up..DOH!

clarkjd

Distinguished
Not the one on the taskbar, that is a software volume control. look in the manual for your laptop. it should tell you where the hardware volume control of your laptop is located.

francisbojczuk

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

The manual was on the computer.
Windows deleted it during the refresh.

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

look up the make and model online followed by the word manual. Typically pretty easy to find via google.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I think he means the actual physical controls (a dial, a touch bar or something like that). Think of the old TVs that have a volume knob.

One of my laptops has a little wheel on the side (silly place as it gets muted or maxed when put into the bag) the current one has a swipe touch area just below the screen. You just want to confirm that it isn't hardawre muted and not just the software.