Lenovo v570

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I was asking a question and didn't want to open another thread so i wouldn't have to keep typing the model of my laptop since it was already mentioned in my last thread and all the information that was posted by other users but Brett closed it i already read the manual maxx was helping me the issue i'm having isn't in the manual is there anyway i can scroll and open new tabs by pressing the left and right buttons at the same time to scroll up and down like with my dell does lenovo have this feature i can't seem to find how do do it i used to be able to do this with my dell b130

Hi :)

Your addition to that other thread had NOTHING to do with a 2 year old thread...

You HAVE ASKED Lenovo of course ?

All the best Brett :)

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
i'm trying to open new tabs and scroll by pressing the left and right buttons by pressing both it would show a cursor symbol to scroll instead of pressing the crtl button i want to know is this possible with lenovo

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

the thread was opened in july to help me purchase a laptop maxx and the other users helped me decide and i kept posting in it to help with issues so i wouldn't have to retype everything it hasn't been even a year yet since i bought the laptop it's been open only 7 months since the thread was open and four months for the laptop lenovo never replies to messages on their forum

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I never said it was my business to run the forum

I can't remember the name of what its called when pressing the left and right buttons at the same time to scroll and open new tabs in browsers my desktop does it because i have a scroll button on my mouse when i press it to open a link it opens in a new tab

I believe the scrolling is done via pushing the mouse wheel down and moving your mouse either up/down or left/right. Obviously you can't scroll left/right if there's no bar at the bottom.

I find it easier to just drag the cursor on the scroll bars though.

New Tabs?
That varies by which browser you use, but most browsers just have a new tab symbol at the top to the right of the right-most web page.

Most/all of what you are asking doesn't appear hardware related. It seems either a function of the mouse (perhaps requiring drivers) or a function of the browser you use.

Firefox for example also has ADDONS such as "nosquint" and "tabmixplus" which you might wish to get.

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
this was a feature on my laptop i could just press the left and right button at the same time to open links in a new tab without pressing crtl or use it to scroll when pressing them a scroll icon appears and i use the touch pad to scroll it seems only dell has this feature

Probably it was a Dell feature, and possibly only some of their laptops.
It doesn't work on my computer, it doesn't appear to work on your new laptop so I guess you'll have to do it the way I recommend above