irishmantx

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
My supervisor has a HP DV 2000 notebook, and was trying to run his repair shop
with it. Apparently the LCD is horribly shot, uses an external monitor as he told
me. Now.. I believe the power / ac plug won't work. I turn it on, the notebook
lights then poof (OFF) It does that till I wiggle the cord, yet it won't stay on at all.
I read some of the posts about the solder joints melting, and causing the notebook
to malfunction. What has HP done in lowering its standards that 'worse' than
Compaq??? However, I wanted to find out is it worth (the money, hassle and trouble
to save the notebook, replace the motherboard, lcd ect) {OR} get the data off the HP
DV 2000's hard drive and get a 'better' machine? I know for a fact with the issues
that seem to be plaguing HP, I'd be already calling my broker to be dumping ALL stock
in HP, and putting my precious money in Dell, or Fujitsu!!!!

Seriously, what are the common, well known, issues with this little notebook, and
how expensive to inexpensive is it to repair? Are the issues resolved in the replacement
parts? I like to tell my supervisor it's an "EASY" fix, but the looks of it suggest, a "Nightmare
on HP STREET!" So far, the power up then cuts off issue, the external monitor issue, and
the solder joint motherboard issues seem discouraging me away from HP.. :( :(

Thank You for letting my share my concerns on this notebook.

Michael D. Lucas

Solution
Hi :)

That is a VERY old laptop...not worth fixing as its around 7/8 years old...

And its lasted WELL so not HP`S fault... its OLD...NO modern lappy will last 8 years...

DROP in bin time...buy a new one...

All the best Brett :)

irishmantx

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Oh OK! Great to know! I was about to recover the data off the hard drive. The
anti-virus expired, and had 230 infections, a nasty malware, and a partition root kit on the drive. After extensive cleaning, and saving the valuable data, I got $90.00 credit on my repair bill, towards my car. This was my supervisors (he is a mechanic)
laptop. Lately, friends or folks bring me lots of variant HP computers with weird issues. When hp took over compaq, the compaq's issues now plague hp?? I think I'll get a Dell! :)