Blinking caps-lock and scroll lock LEDs

cindylo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I got a dv7-1245dx from a friend cause they(2 of them actually) didn't work. And when I turn them on both of them have the scroll and caps LEDs blinking every 2-3 sec constantly and one pf them the dvd drive constantly tries to spin up and read. I swapped out the CMOS battery from one to another,replaced the ram with working ram from a differ laptop and also did hard resets. Still nothing, Any suggestions?

Hi :)

The blinking is a harware error signal...probably dead motherboards... swap ram, remove hard drive, try external monitor....

If still blinking , laptop repair shops for diagnosis (paid) or drop in bin..., you DID download the manual from HP of course to see what the number of blinks mean ?

All the best Brett :)

cindylo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
well problem being there is no number of blinks before a pause all the blinks are around 3 sec apart,I did swap ram,tried external monitor,and they have no HDD.

cindylo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
The brick is a brand new 90W universal from newegg. I know its not the brick cause also tried it a few months ago with a friends brick and it did the same thing and his was a 90W also.