Xps 17 L702x

rangedkey49

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hello,

I have an xps 17 L702x, the issue with mine first occurred after being left on charge over night, when I went to turn it on in the morning the power button just flashed for a second, after numerous attempts the laptop eventually turned on - only to go into sleep mode after five minutes.

What I wish to know is - does this sound like the dreaded motherboard issue as I have already tried wiping the memory and re installing the BIOS which might I ad was touch and go with the shutting off issue.

Hope you guys can help :)

rangedkey49

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hi Brett,

Ya the battery is fine and I even tried working the machine from the mains with the battery out, also tried discharging the power from the machine. Hoping that this issue is a simple fix and not anything to do with the motherboard.

Regards William

Peach57

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I am experiencing the exact same symptoms - and I'd love to hear other comments.

For me, I can say unequivocally it isn't the MB--Dell has replaced it - twice - but the symptoms persist.

Dell in-home repair has replaced almost every major component - but for some odd reason, will not replace the faceplate where the power circuit board resides. I am trying to coax them into replacing that as well...so, we'll see.

In the meantime, does anyone have any other possible suggestions?