Touchscreen Glass/Digitizer Cracked

Firestar

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
So I have this Acer Aspire V5-571P-6642. It's the touchscreen model with the edge-to-edge glass over the display. The top right of the glass has some big cracked and damage (breaking touch imput). However, the LCD itself is fine.

I have had serious trouble even finding a whole display assembly or even LCD, and absolutely *nothing* online where I could find a new digitizer. Does anyone know of somewhere I could pick one up or if some sort of generic digitizer I could get?

Normally this isn't an issue, I just can't find what I need to fix this thing anywhere.

TVNcyvh.png

Lins Laptops

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Ran across this post today on Tom's Hardware. I refurbish Acer products for resale. I too have contacted Acer (which has NEVER proven any positive results for me in the past), and all they told me was that the digitizer/lcd comes as a module assembly only. They said that they replaced them under warranty, but never could come up with a price or availability for me. I saw that you never followed up on your last post, and was wondering if you ever found a digitizer/lcd module for yours. Thanks in advance,

Lin@Lin's Portable PCs

Aug 24, 2013
i have the same problem with my acer v5 571 touch i contact with acer they tell me all the up part is changed and the cost is about 450 euros i bay the laptop 680 euros is that right???? i prefer to bay a new one laptop but this time not acer ......

Lashurst

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
I bought a Toshiba touchscreen laptop 6 weeks ago. It slipped off my lap yesterday and the screen broke at the right hinge with hardly any impact. I can't get a screen, so I'm sending it back as 'not fit for purpose'. The glass is obviously used to stabilise the lid. Ridiculous.We'll see what happens.

Taylor76

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Taylor76

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Hi how did you get on with acer, Lashurst?
I have had the same problem, screen cracked through a minor bump. I have found a replacement screen for just under £50 but wondered if it was worth getting in touch with them first