How to install web camera on laptop hp

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Hi,

1. I, we, everyone... are unable read your mind, so please first answer what matimtimsherilyn asked: Is this a internal web camera (which i think it is) or external
2. What is the exact issue here? What can't you do?

Possible things I think you can do:

2. If it is an internal web cam, write down your laptop model number and go to HP driver website to downlod your camera drivers.
3. Go to device manager to check if you see: 'imaging devices'. This is a quick check to check if it is there and functioning at all.

Remember, next time you post something please - state what the problem in a bit more detail; including the laptop model - its difficult trying to force it out of you, you know?

Reply soon scout!

Thanks,

Dan

matimtimsherilyn

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
I already go device manager and check if there is imaging device. There is and I saw HP- webcam 50 and i update it. But stillI can't find it when I search in the start menu search program and files. I mean internal webcam. What will be the next step?

rdc85

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
As long it detected in device manager and not warning sign it work fine...

u will now install apps that can use the camera....

some laptop can enable/disable camera using function key +....... (make sure it was set to enable / detected in device manager...)

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Please do the following matimtimsherily!

Question 1: Do you have Windows 7 or Windows 8?
Question 2: What is your laptop model number?
Question 3: Did you buy a web cam or are you trying to use the INTERNAL web cam your laptop?

Please reply,

*Also, do you see a picture of a camera or web cam on your keyboard? If you do, press on fn and on the key that has the picture of a camera or something along those lines.*

That is what the others mean.

Reply with the 3 questions please,

Dan

sandrajaramillo

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013

HI dan,

i have my Hp laptop to but i cant find the imaging devise in my laptop but i have my webcam installed already. before it was working now that i have youcam 5 its not working anymore.

please help i tried to install from hp driver nothing works

sandra