Need a laptop for programing

PidRegulator

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hi i have bin looking for a laptop mainly intended for programming, taking notes and internet reading. what i need is battery life
I suspect i am going to need min i3 processor power maybe?.
13 inch screen or less if its possible to connect it to a external screen.
best battery life posible.

1. What is your budget?
around 1k dollars

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 inch not bigger than 14inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not that important

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
as much as i can get

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
gaming not necesary

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
programing, taking note, touch screen for taking notes with a stylus maybe

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
sdd 128 min

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
longe as posible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dont need

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preferences just not expensive apple

13. What country do you live in?
Norway 1k dollars aproximately 6k kr

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Any ideas suggestions on what to get? note taking, programming and battery life are my main requirements, being able to run ubunto on it would be nice to
The edge330 seemed like a reasonable alternative.
The yoga dosent sound like a stupid alternative either(if its posible to draw/write with a stylus)but reviews and battery life tests isnt realy dependable as far ass i can see, anyone here with any personal experience?
Maybe a convertible tab(transformer prime)? for superior battery life and note taking capability, but can i program mainly c on it

PidRegulator

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
c mainly, but flexibility regarding this is going to be wary usefull. I do know that there is a c compiler for android but i have no idea on usable it is

PidRegulator

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
loots of available RAM?? how is that useful for programming? Why dose a compiler or a text editing program need loots of RAM?