CV ATTACHMENTS ON GUMTREE

bry492

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
PLEASE HELP WHEN I TRY TO ATTACH MY CV TO A JOB APPLICATION ON THE GUMTREE SITE I GET A NOTIFICATION TELLING ME THAT NO FILE HAS BEEN CHOSEN. I HAVE TRIED ALL THE DIFFERENT FORMATS AND THE SAME ERROR KEEPS OCCURRING.I SHOULD ALSO SAY THAT THIS PROBLEM JUST STARTED HAPPENING OUT OF THE BLUE. I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO SEND THE SAME CV FILES ON A FRIENDS PC AND THE SAME FAULT OCCURS ON THAT PC ALSO, ANY HELP IN RESOLVING THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I AM LOOSING TONS OF WORK BEING A SELF EMPLOYED CARPENTER

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Yes, contact Gumtree, and please do not use all-caps; it is construed as yelling.
If the PCs in question are using Firefox and the NoScript add-in is present, make sure you are allowing Gumtree scripts, which may be necessary to upload files.

bry492

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I have contacted gumtree and they say that the problem is at my end ,I was wondering what i might have done to cause this problem. as i am not that proficient on the computer and i just about get things to work mostly by trial and error. i am using the chrome browser and the CV file is in PDF, DOC .RTF .DOCX FORMATS and they all fail to attach i was hoping to get some help here and instead i get chastised for typing in caps

Hi :)

If you want help here BE A LITTLE MORE POLITE....

Thats my LAST warning...

And his advice was good, if you are using an outdated version of your browser it could easily cure your problem by using ANOTHER browser...

All the best Brett :)