Laptops last legs

callumorr

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Hey guys.
i think it is time to ask the community about laptop/tablet upgrades. I am currently studying architecture, so i use programs such as autoCAD, REVIT, 3DS Max, Photoshop. I have been using an asus eeepc 1215, for the past 6 years. i think it is safe top say she will be passing away soon as even programs such as word are getting slow. I do have a full tower rig that i do most of my work and gaming on, but i do need a laptop or something that is easy to trasport around so i can at least do some work on the move.
i am not sure wether i shoudl go for an ultrabook?...if so which one? or just buy some components and upgrade my current laptop(RAM, SSD, and the likes) although i dont know quite how much space i have to do this with the model. Or maybe go for a tablet, i would say surface pro but £1000 is my limit for price, preferably as cheap as possible.
i know the haswel chipset will be coming out this year and dont know if i should jusrt suffer the ole eeeepc until then?
any help or advice would be brilliant.
cheers

callumorr

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
yeah i was thinking that if i went for a new latpop. although i have to say i dont think my eepc is worth anything at all.
any suggestions on models?