Fan on full blast all time

mucinc

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I have an Acer 4739-6483 laptop. After couple of minutes of it being on the fan goes on full speed. It is really annoying and loud, it even wakes up my dog. The thing is that the fan is not speeding up because it's overheating, the temps never go past 30-35 degrees and there is only cool air coming out the vents. I tried using speedfan to lower the speeds, but it can't find the fans, no matter what code I use.

Here's a picture of my temps while browsing the net using Google Chrome.
1z2lqmv.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

mucinc

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
There no settings in Bios for fan speed or fan control. It's got the InsydeH2O Bios in which the only things I can change is system time and bootable drive. I did reset Bios to default setting even nothing was ever changed and the fan went on for about 10 seconds then stopped. What I'm guessing is that if there is some sort of temp sensor on the motherboard or wherever it would be (not really good with laptops), is that the sensor is messed up and sends wrong information to the fan. I'm guessing this because the fan turns on full when the laptop is idling at 30 degrees, which is cool for a laptop as far as I know, and before this used to happen I used to render videos on the laptop, when my desktop didn't work and all cores would be at 100 percent for a good 2 hours or so and the fan would never kick in, also the laptop never shut down due to heat. Also it has been on a desk for 90 percent of the time I had it.

mucinc

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, core temp says 30 at idle and look at the ss I posted, that's after using Chrome for maybe half hour, aswell as I said the fan almost never blows out hot air, always cold. Thing is my parents use this laptop as I have my own custom desktop. Most of the time they use it I am at school so I'm just going by what they tell me, that it never blows out hot air and that the fan is really loud, I used it myself for couple hours and indeed the air was cool and I was not doing anything that should make the fan go that fast. And is 30c idle of laptop good or bad? As I said I don't really know much about laptops, I know that according to HWmonitor, Coretemp and all these other programs, my i5 2500k in my desktop idles at 25-27 while being overclocked to 4.5 with a Noctua NH-D14 with 3 fans, so i thought 30 on a laptop is great, unless Coretemp is lying. It's this low since I live in Canada and my PC is right beside the window, nice and frosty in my room also have a case with tonne of fans. In the summer it idles around the high 30s.

Thing is I did go to the bios as I said in the other post and just reset to default settings, my dad has been using it for quite a while now, 4 hours or so. All he did was browse the internet on chrome, my room is right beside theirs and I can hear the fan going on and off every like 5 or so minutes for a couple seconds each time, which is really annoying.

I'm guessing there is no real fix for this other than going to a repair shop and paying to get whatever it is fixed which me nor my parents will do since it's a cheap laptop and I don't want to take the laptop apart as I have done so before and broke it, which is why I ended up with an Acer, mind you I was only 13 at the time.

mucinc

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

The laptop doesn't have a dedicated gpu.