Dell Inspriron n5010 shuts down after 10-15secs ! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChairmanSaab

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hey Guys,
I have search the web alot but haven't found a solution yet.
i have same exact problem as this guys
Here:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19452409/20121048.aspx
and here :

http://www.techenclave.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-n5010-shuts-down-127651/

If someone is too lazy to open the thread here is the quote from techenclave (second link) post.

My friend has a Dell Inspiron N5010. Unfortunately it is out of warranty now.

The problem is that the laptop just simply powers off within 15-20 seconds of powering it on.

- It's not a hard disk issue since no matter where I am it will power off, even if in the BIOS.

- I have tried using only 1 ram stick and using it in each slot, no change. Though I haven't checked using a different ram stick, I doubt both of the sticks would go bad suddenly.

- I had disassembled the whole thing and reapplied thermal paste on the CPU/GPU heatsink. The fan works fine. No use.

- I tried to boot into the Dell diagnostics menu and it passes a few tests before powering off.

Is there anything else I can do? The only option I can think of now is to give it to Dell. They'll charge quite a lot just for checking and then whatever the costs for replacing what's gone bad.

I tried same thing this guy did before i found his post !!
Reallt my laptop isn't overheating and i had cleaned all the vents and dust from my lappy today!
These seems to be very common problem but there is no solution Afaik.

Please help me ?
Pardon my poor grammer please

plvovsky

Honorable
May 19, 2013
I had same problem. I cleaned vents on bottom and side with compressed air and immediately noticed a dramatic temp drop and no more shut downs. give it a try. Cheers.

sanjayaskhedkar

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Vimalvg

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hi,

I am also using Insprion N5010 and faced the same heat,shutdown issue.

the solution is to change the motherboard , heatsink and system fan.

This model is one of the failure from DELL and faced this issued 3 times in last 3 years

Eden2130

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
I am having the exact problem described here, it was turning itself off as restarting at random yesterday afternoon and now I wont boot up at all.

What gives?! HELP!!

Emmkay

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
Dudes !

I've the same problem with Inspiron N5010. There's no solution except throwing away this piece of crap as it happened to be a great failure from Dell for this very model. The root cause is it's heating up problem which sucks the power system ultimately.

raredawg

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

put the laptop in a blanket and it let it resest the itself it will work

Mohammad7136

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
hey i had the same problem, just disassembled my dell so i could get to the cooling fan and the heat sink, and they both had so much dust, you know the kind that is shaped like sponges? and the dimensions were 3cm x 1cm which is a lot. that was like 30 minutes ago... lol and its working fine now :) ill try to come back with some pics i took of the dust i pulled from my fan

aivanoae

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

I have exactly the same problem, do you find a fix? And if you have can you please tell me.

Mohammad7136

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

hey sorry for the late reply , i had the same problem but i didnt do anything regarding the heat transfering paste on the gpu or the cpu, i just cleaned the heat sink on the fan as it was filled with cotton like dirt or what ever that was, and i know for sure if u have anything wrong with the rams the laptop will beep look it up on google. so just cleaned up the heat sink,
and iam right now using the same laptop,

hope this is usefull

ch1701a

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
The weird thing is when I run a live linux OS from a CD it stays on no issues, its only when I run Windows does it shut off. I am going to upgrade to Windows 10 to see if that fixes the issue.

Aug 14, 2018
Hi I have Dell Inspiron N5010.

I beliive I have an overheating problem. My system is fully formatted, so only in dos. Im installing windows. Laptop turns on. CD loading files and then pooof it turns off automatically. I have cleaned the heatsink (fully dust free). I installed a brand new fan. I also put in new thermal paste. I fully cleaned the motherboard too with isopropyl alcohol and let it dry for hours. I am out of options.

Anyone found a fix as I am not sure what to do. Laptop is old and out of warranty. Lol i accidentally took the hardisk out today for cleaning, now its locked. Dell says to pay to get hdisk locked. Never going to buy from them.

So any solutions.??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.