Decreasing processor subscore in win 7 for intel core i5 3210m

arashblues

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Hello,i have Lenovo G480 ,the cpu is Intel Core i5 3210m the win7 subscore decreased from 7.1 to 5.5 ,i found out when i installed an extra 4 GB majoul of ram then rerun the assessment then the processor subscore decreased but for ram and windows aero graphics increased

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
Off hand it sounds like a heat issue. Depending upon the environment the laptop is used in, dust may have accumulated inside the laptop. You can attempt cleaning with compressed air but often disassembly is needed for a thorough cleaning. Your Hardware Maintenance Manual - Direct PDF link here http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g480_g485_g580_g585_g780_hmm_v1.0_english.pdf shows (in a rather confusing manner IMO) how to disassemble your laptop to get to the HSF to clean it. Normally I would refer you to a video but your unit is new enough that there do not appear to be any posted yet.
There may be other issues and the use of a free program like CoreTemp should either confirm my suspicion or let you know if another direction might be followed here. Run core temp while doing the WEI test again then check your maximum temps, if under 78C, heat probably isn't the issue
Hope it helps
PS: I recommend saving the PDF file to a jump drive so you can access it if needed in the future