Acer aspire 5334 laptop screen keeps turning off.

deejved

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
So, I am having an Acer aspire 5334 laptop, and suddenly my screen went black. i checked 100 of forums, and result is:
External monitor works fine so its not the graphic card,
when i turn laptop on, it works minute or two, but then it turns off. when i look into screen with flaslight i can see dim image, so i suppose it is the inverter, or the backlight. as the backlight itself has 50.000 hours of life, i assume it is the inverter problem. And another thing. when i have external monitor connected to laptop and i switch between internal and external monitor, internal turns on again, and works for few seconds, then goes dim again. I also tried changing the settings (when u close the tray - do nothing, etc., that didnt work) before i go into buying new inverter.. is it possible that it is a software problem, and should i try formatting the computer?
and one more question. i have one inverter at home. but its Medion, not acer. and they also look different. Should i try putting medion's inverter in acer's laptop, or it is not a wise thing to do?

please help a.s.a.p.!

The Stealthinator

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Do not reformat your HD as that will be of no help.

If the backlight in your laptop monitor has reached the end of its lifetime, there isn't much you can do except use the laptop on an external monitor. I don't know how you can get the internal monitor to work if that's the reason for your issue.

Tekz

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hi, I have the same problem on my Acer5630.

With mine all of the similar symptoms, except, what made me unsure of if it would be the inverter or not is this..

The laptop boots up, I can partially see the acer logo on screen briefly, then it starts to boot up with black/Extremely dim screen. However, at any time, if I push the little button on the top of the laptop (that normally shuts the laptop down when you close it), the screen comes back on for about 2-5 seconds, then goes black again.. (I have set the button in the options so it doesn't shutdown the laptop, in my elimination process, just so I could play about with the button.) It seemed to lead me to think it might be the button that was causing the problem??

I have tried to clean around it, incase something was jammed in it and it was causing it to think the laptop lid was shut, so maybe causing the screen to shut off too.... Or maybe I am barking up the wrong tree??

I don't know anything technical about inverters, so I dont know if a damaged inverter would still allow me to constantly press this button and have a few seconds of 'Life' back into the screen again and again or not.

If you still think it would be the inverter after hearing my story, please let me know...It will solve my problem :)

Many thanks.