Windows 8 pro touch with Discreet Graphics.

Dare_Devil

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hello Guys,
Please suggest me a laptop/netbook/tablet/convertible with windows 8 Pro, 10'-15.4' FHD touch screen and discreet graphics with or without a keyboard dock. Only things mandatory are 1080p touch screen and nvidia/amd 1-2 GB graphics card. Price from 650-1350 USD. ASUS ZENBOOK Touch U500VZ comes under the radar but price and availability is not available and I am from India, if something goes wrong, its a pain in the rectrum to find proper service for asus laptops. If screen resolution is the major constrain in shortlisting, I can go down to 1600x900 or even 768p :( Thanks in advance.

Dare_Devil

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hello and welcome to the forums
Thank You :D
as you said it's out of your price range
Do you know its price? I said I don't know about its price and availability in my country. I can stretch up to 2K bcoz I don't want to regret purchasing something that will be outdated 2 or 3 months later. I usually keep my lappy 18 to 24 months.

Generally the answer is... HELL NO!!!

Inexpensive laptops have discrete graphic chips that are soldered into the motherboard. The same thing for tablets. Only specific models of gaming laptops costing at the very least $1,500 would have replaceable graphics cards. There are $2,000+ gaming laptops that are not capable of having the graphics card replaced. Like I said, specific models.

Mobile graphic cards (MXM I, II, III formats) can be thicker than tablets.

The Radeon HD 7670m is a decent graphics chip. It's better than the Intel HD 4000 that's for sure, but it is really only good enough to play games at 1366x768 and still get good performance. It can play some less graphically demanding games at 1600x900. Click following for some benchmarks

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7670M.69483.0.html

Note that it can't even play Hitman Absolution at all. Hitman is the latest graphically killer game (no pun intended). It makes Metro 2033 look like a walk in the park.