MS Intellimouse Going CRAZY!!!!

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Heya!

I've got a dilly of a pickel.

I've got an MS IntelliMouse Optical. For the longest time I had the IntelliPoint software installed (version 4.1). I use the saftware to bind the forward and back buttons on the mouse to different keys so I can make use of them in Quake 3.

A couple weeks ago, I ran the software like I always do except this time, my mouse movement was inverted! It was pretty much unuseable. I uninstalled the software and installed the latest version 5.0. Everything worked fine after that... Except... with version 5.0, I can't bind the forward and back buttons to other keys. So I uninstalled it and downloaded version 4.12. When I installed it, the original problem came back! (I also tried installing 4.1 again - same problem) ARG!!!

My gameplay has taken a hit without the use of those two buttons! I need them back!

I scanned for viruses, spyware, trojans, and found nothing.

Has anyone heard of this? Anyone have any advice on how to go about fixing the problem? Or how I can map my mouse buttons to keys so I can use them in Quake 3? HELP!!!

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
I know this is kinda late but your issue might not be related to the driver. My optical mouse did the same thing when I used it on my woodgrain desk. Take a piece of plain white paper and tape it to the desk. Run the mouse on that to see if it solves the problem. The plain white paper is best for an optical mouse as it can track better.

A7n8x dlx 1004 Uber Agressive settings
2500Barton (Bastards locked it) Radeon 9200
WD 60g @7200w 8mg Cache Crucial 2700 2x 256
AMD ME??? Yeah they did me alright.