I'm looking for a gaming ultrabook! Help Please!

G

Hello, just in the middle of switching from desktop to laptop and I'm looking for a gaming ultrabook or something similar. Ive included some details:

1. What is your budget?
Between £8000 and £1100. (Can go slightly higher if worth it)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I would prefer an Ultrabook, but a sleek designed laptop would be acceptable as well.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
900p to 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
If possible, a desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need?
3-5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes! Medium to high, ideally.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Gaming, Web Browsing, Movies, Netflix, and Photo Editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like it to have a 128GB SSD at least. If possible, I’d like to have a laptop with a SSD and a HDD – but it’s not necessary. I’ll settle on something with a HDD if the specs are good enough.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not essential.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference.

13. What country do you live in?
UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would like a sleek designed laptop, with either a high-end dual core or quad core. I need it to have a dedicated GPU, as well.

Thanks for all your help!

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Check out xoticpc. They ship to uk!
Best i could find is: http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-ux32vddh71-p-4976.html

1100 quid = $1700.

Laptop cost 1222 - + 59 for 10 gigs of ram = 1280 comes with 500gb hdd +24 reserved ssd. Maybe you will want to add asus global warranty for 109 more.

$1300 + approx $200 for shipping and customs.

other links:
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Asus-ZENBOOK-UX32VD-DH71-13.3-Ultrabook-Intel-Core-i7-i7-3517U-1.9/7318368/product.html?cid=133635

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/160908966831?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Hi :)

Your customs duty figures are wrong....

There is IMPORT duty to be added then ANOTHER 20% for VAT....

All the best Brett :)

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009

ok so $60 more with 20%.

Anyway i see lot of ultra books having intel4000 which is not good enough in my opinion. the 620m is 3 or 4 times better

No lol...its around £300 MORE... (ON £1100)

I buy lappies for my shops from all over the world....

You can either believe me on import duties/VAT or go look them up on UK Government web site...

glitch20

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
gaming ultrabook thin & light? there is no such thing

gaming laptop? (heavy 6 lbs & above? yes plenty to choose from) I'd recommend you

google asus r.o.g laptops

msi gaminglaptops & if money is not an issue alienware

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Thing is, power and slimness don't go together well. The simple fact is, high end components need power and produce heat. Not good without proper cooling.

But mostly gaming and slim are things that exclude each other. For gaming you need good hardware and thus good cooling in a slim notebook there is just not enough room for good cooling.

http://www.handyshop.de/notebooks/hersteller/msi/645661/msi-ge60-i750m287-15-6-gaming-notebook

This is an option as well (just ship it to the UK only costs 20€ since England and Germany are both UK no issue). Its slim and light (at least relatively) at 2.4kg. It offers premium preformance tho with the 660m graphics and the i7QM processor. Also easaly fits into your budget. I know this isnt exactly an ultrabook. Just showing you the other end of the spectrum more concentrating on preformance

PLEASE stop quoting financial figures you know nothing about...

Germany and the UK have DIFFERENT VAT RATES 7/20 ....

Usmcpi9504

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
If you are truly set on something sleek and slim to play games on high settings, you will need something such as the Asus ux51 or ux500 or a Mac Book Pro. Both are under an inch thick (i think actually closer to .75") with a 650m GPU and quad core i7. They aren't cheap though...around $1900 USD. The next step down from that would be the Sony s15. Quad core i7 and 640m LE GPU and comes in around .95" thick. Best part is that it is only $1000 USD.