Battery problem on ASUS notebook

cats21

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
my lap top is brand new, this is my 4th asus laptop that i have traded in the last 2 had the same problem. My notebook while watching video, or simply online will shut down out of no where. the screen will go black and a few seconds later will turn off. i turn it back on and it keeps doing the same thing the starting screen will flash, then black out, and shut down,. i have to repeatedly keep trying to turn it on and then plug in the charger. eventually it turns back on, but who knows for how long. please help i have warranty but i don't know whether to return it for a different brand or fix this. PLEASE HELP!

harmster

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Hi there.
Could you please tell me the model you bought?

Things to try out:
Check if you got the latest BIOS version ( Check the Asus site for latest BIOS )
Install a program thats called Caffeine ( http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/ )
Check your power settings. ( Right mouse button on your Battery Icon and check the settings under Power4Gear )

cats21

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Thank yo o much! :) ill try these if it happens again it does seem to be a battery problem, but the model is i think its the Q 500?