Asus X53E CPU @ 80c with 50% load

dustin96

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Well as you can see from the title of this thread my Asus Laptop is getting way to hot at a load that is not very high. I have been using a program called Core Temp and it is telling me that each core is jumping around 75-85c at a load of only 40-50%. Each core sits at around 45-55c at a load of 0-5%(idle). To be honest I think the issue is just that the fans are not running fast enough, they do get faster and slower based on cpu usage but never enough to cool it enough.

Back when the computer was under warranty I had called Asus and told them about my problems and they had me send it in for repair, got it back with a note saying they replaced all the fans and heat censors but the the temperature remains the same.

I've cleaned vents using a can of compressed air multiple time on different occasions.

I always make sure vents have a lot of room to do their job but it doesn't help all that much. (I've let the laptop run upside down)

I've tried using the program called SpeedFan but it does not support the fans/motherboard on my computer.

I know that the temperatures displayed by Core Temp may not be totally accurate but just by putting my hand over the vent I can tell that the machine is isn't doing a very good job of getting the heat out.

Any suggestions on cooling this thing? I'm young and in high school, and I haven't been able to find a job. Running this machine brings in my only income I have at the moment.

SteveGad

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Its only fluff in the air intake. A tiny bit of lint makes a BIG difference. I spend my working week removing this stuff for clients.