Toshiba Satellite L300 Hard Drive

gussrtk

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
So as title says, I have a toshiba satellite L300 laptop.

Sounds like the hard drive is starting to make noises, and sometimes the laptop freezes completely with a "zipping" or "scratching" noise i guess is a way to describe it. For the laptops, Is it any 2.5inch drive that goes in there? I pulled it out to look at it, it looks like a tiny sata drive (i have only one laptop and i havent had to do anything on it till now, so just going with what i know)

Generally those hard drives are 5400rpm? would there be a problem if i got a 7200rpm?

Need about 250GB HDD could someone maybe suggestion a decent one to replace the current one?

i was thinking of this drive;
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd2500bekt

Solution
Any 2.5" SATA drive should work. There should be no problem using a 7200 rpm HDD, 5400 rpm HDD's are used because they are less expensive and they also draw less power so the battery lasts longer. I might suggest an SSD though if you can budget it, it uses even less power and the speed is impressive IMO.
Hope it helps
Any 2.5" SATA drive should work. There should be no problem using a 7200 rpm HDD, 5400 rpm HDD's are used because they are less expensive and they also draw less power so the battery lasts longer. I might suggest an SSD though if you can budget it, it uses even less power and the speed is impressive IMO.
Hope it helps

Solution

gussrtk

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

thanks, well it's just to make it work, i was thinking ssd as well. but paying lets say around 100$~115$ for a decent drive and sticking it in a 4year old comp doesnt make sense to me ;). I was reading the WD scorpio black, "supposedly" it draws same power as 5400RPM so will be good, 7200rpm will be an upgrade enough ;)

thanks