Acer aspire one d255e wont boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboTech

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me with my probelm. I have an acer aspire one d255e, after i switch the power on.. it just showed a steady cursor. on the top upper left corner. Is it a bios problem? if so? how can I restore it.

Thanks

Solution
yes it could be better since this one was using win 7 starter you could get on with win 7 premium there are still some around for aroud 400-500 dollards or the one with win 8

BoboTech

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Thanks for the info Scout_03...

I removed the drive (if you mean the HDD).... same result... replaced the memory module with a new one.. same result... any other tips?

BoboTech

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
@SCOUT_03
removed the HDD and tested it in another laptop... was ok and i can access the files...

@jarotech
I actually stripped down the laptop. powered up with only the motherboard and memory in place.. disconnected the wifi..speakers etc... same result.. a non blinking cursor on the left upper corner of the screen.

BoboTech

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Yeah, I think your right scout_03. Thanks for the advise, appreciate it so much, though i feel sad that i have a 95% chance of repairing my netbook. Might as well buy a new one. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.