How to use Ubuntu cd I made?

jaguarman

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hi i have a lenovo b570 and i am getting the error message containing the same info as this thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] op-booting
At the end, the maker of the thread states:

I know the post is older, but for anyone searching for a solution:

i had the same prob, easily fixed as follows:

Booted with Ubuntu Live CD,
navigated to Windows/System32/drivers,
delete fbfmon.sys

(Win7, 64, Lenovo G770)

I, as stated above, have the same problem, i made an ubuntu disc, put it in and nothing happens?

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Do you know what unbuntu is ?

It's Linux, like Windows and to boot on it, you have to stop your computer, go in the boot menu and boot from the cd. From there you will be able to navigate in ubuntu and to go delete the file.

- The Brownie

jaguarman

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

How?

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

1. When you turn your computer on, go in the Bios (normally, you have to press DEL)

2. Go in advanced tab

3. Change the boot order to (1-DVD, 2-HDD)

4. Restart the computer with the ubuntu disk in

5. If a message prompts and ask you to press a key, do it. If not let it do it's job

6. If a menu pops asking for live cd, install or that kind of thing, hit Live CD

7. When you will be arrived in the Linux operating system, go in your windows partition and find the file to delete

- The Brownie

jaguarman

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Sorry Brownie, but could you tell me how to do the steps?

_kaos_

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

lol!! You really need steps to follow steps?!
Or are you just trolling?

If you are still confused just go to YouTube and search for video tutorials...

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
It may not be necessary to edit your BIOS boot menu. If you notice in the video, the guy's Dell comes up with two choices while BIOS is loading: F2 for Setup, and F12 for boot menu. If he had hit the <F12> key, he would have been given a temporary menu for booting just that one time, and he could have selected the DVD/CD drive instead of the hard drive. Easier and it doesn't permanently change your boot menu. Most modern motherboards have a boot menu option, where you can select what device to boot from for this current boot.

jaguarman

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

So,
I did all the work, can now access hard dive through Ubuntu, but go to drivers and don't see fbfmon.sys??????

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Then i think this file is not your problem. Keep searching.

- The Brownie

shellls45

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
No offense or anything, but should you really be delving into linux with your limited knowledge of computing?? Its much harder to use for the average Joe than windows. (I used it for a couple months)

rizu

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
1. When you turn your computer on, go in the Bios (normally, you have to press DEL)

2. Go in advanced tab

3. Change the boot order to (1-DVD, 2-HDD)
Bromeh,
I am facing the same problem in my lenovo B570. As you suggested, I tried changing the boot priority in my bios menu. In the boot priority order menu, I came up with the following list-
Boot Priority Order

■ USB FDD
    ■ ATA SSD
    ■ ATA HDD: WDC WD3200BPUT -24JJ510
    ■ ATAPI CD: TSSTcorp CDDUDW TS-L633F
    ■ USB HDD
    ■ USB CD
    ■ PCI LAN: Realtek PXE BO3 D00

I am attaching an image of my boot priority order here. Excuse me for the low resolution of the pic-
21b2b2d.jpg

Now, which of the options should go first if I want to boot from DVD. I am confused seeing two CD options here. Besides, as I want to boot from DVD, giving priority to the CD option will be okay? I am in some real trouble and I hope you guys will help me.
Thanks in advance...........