1394 net adapter driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgdriver

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hello,
I can't get on the internet because I am missing a driver. But the only way to get the driver is to get on the internet. So how do I get the driver into my laptop so I can get on the internet and get the driver that I need so I can use my modem to get on the internet so I can get the driver ....Can you sense my frustration? Where can I download the driver?

Solution
yes. Sorry to hear that. It takes planning ahead.

Did you laptop come with a driver disk or some other dvd or cd?
if not, get a cat 5 network cable and hook it up to your router that way and download the driver.
If not, you'll have to use a USB drive, like a thumb drive to download the driver.

danny2000

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
yes. Sorry to hear that. It takes planning ahead.

Did you laptop come with a driver disk or some other dvd or cd?
if not, get a cat 5 network cable and hook it up to your router that way and download the driver.
If not, you'll have to use a USB drive, like a thumb drive to download the driver.

Solution

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Thats like having to be on the internet to post something on Toms Hardware about a problem about not being able to get on the internet but not being able to get on the internet to post it.

ok seriously now, do you have portable storage like a thumb drive or usb drive?

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Besides the obvious of how are you posting this, 1394 is a firewire not ethernet connection. Rarely is it used as such, but make sure you get the manufacture's ethernet driver or wireless driver net time you logon, however you are logging on now. It should be small driver, any USB/SD will do it, or burn a cd/dvd if you must.

pgdriver

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Yes I have a usb drive. I have an acer that had a hard drive crash.I replaced the drive and put windows xp on it. I need updated drivers for everything. Some I got from Acer with the use of a borrowed laptop using vista and transfer via usb drive. I just can't get on the internet with my Acer

Status
Not open for further replies.