Budget laptop with GOOD heat dissipation

Roux77

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I am right now researching for a laptop in the $1,000 range with good heat dissipation. I would prefer a mid-grade gaming laptop because I would like a little bit of power and any decent gaming laptop should be able to dissipate heat well.

My experience with laptops has not been good. I bought a Lenovo T61 (supposedly a business laptop with good heat dissipation), but managed to seriously overheat it in 2 or 3 weeks when I tried using it as a desktop replacement. It never was the same after that. I don't want a repeat of that.

My primary use for the laptop is to run multiple instances of programs at the same time, including Word, Excel, and internet browsers (oftentimes running Youtube videos, etc.).

I was looking at the Alienware M14x, but after talking to the people at Dell, they could give me very little information on the cooling properties except that it runs an aluminum heat sink and has a single fan.

So, now I am looking at a slightly modified Sager NPF 3265 (modifications being the IC Diamond Thermal Compound and the BD player). I intend to add RAM and an SSD later on.

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with this laptop and if there are any other people who know of good laptops in the $1,000 range that can handle a decent load without overheating problems.

ratedk

Distinguished
I know this answer isn't specific to your question, however, in my experience this cooling pad is the best one you can get because the fans can be arranged to suit each laptops cooling needs.

CoolerMaster U2 or
CoolerMaster U3

It packs up well and is portable when your transporting. Having one may have saved your previous laptops *shrug*