What software will play my blu ray avatar on win 7 64 bit

G

Help, bought a Lenovo laptop g780 with blu ray drive, but it won't play avatar. VLC two flowers, Windows media and power DVD 10 all tried + autoplay. No good. Can anyone help.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

The OP has already stated VLC doesn't work! Pay attention and read the post.

I'm with AlkinP - anytime Ive had an issue with a player not playing/displaying a particular movie/rip I download the latest K-lite and it's sorted.

After that, maybe it's a physical issue with the BD disc???

Does the disc play in other players - PS3, standalone BD player?

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
you gotta jump through hoops to get vlc to play blu-rays and then it doesnt yet support menus in blu-ray....i agree with Kyllien upgrade to powerdvd 12..avatar has some funky copy protection on it.....It's not a codec problem..........

boju

Distinguished
http://regionfreemovies.com/ search for avatar and click on the closest version description based on your nationality and click region detail icon.

Some are region free and some are locked depending where you live. Try your luck with setting Bluray drive's Region to A B or C according to the movie.

nukemaster

Distinguished

Last time i used a WinDVD trial(only a year ago) it did NOT have bluray playback so I moved on to power DVD. it worked perfect so I bought it.

I would not do this, The drive MAY have a limited number of times you can change the region code(or at least if i remember right).

Third party software can emulate a code, but changing it on the drive and you may regret it when you run out of changes.