ohkwehonwe

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
model=PCG-71C11L
product name=VPCEL22FX
windows 7
dual processor
4gbs ram
after powering up it goes to bios password right away, i tried removing cmos battery overnight nothing, pressing f2 on start up , nothing and left right arrows on start up nothing no warranty left on machine.

Passwords don't magically appear. They have to be entered, re-entered to be confirmed, and then the settings saved to the bios before it actually takes effect.

Laptops save the password to an EEPROM chip, so taking the battery out doesn't do anything.

It's against Tom's rules to help people get past passwords, so you're out of luck here..

If you bought the laptop stolen or stole it yourself, turn it in to the police, they can contact the owner and get the password for you, because there is no way a spontaneous password is going to appear.

ohkwehonwe

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
im not that kind of guy i don't buy or own stolen stuff including software so fyi not stolen i just don't have enough money right now to take it to a Sony dealer so it sounds like my kids where playing around with it and some how got into the bios and put a password in hmmm can someone help me even if that happened

Ask your kids what password they put in, they had to put it in twice to confirm it.

Other than that, not really, laptop bio's as I stated, are designed to get past the battery removal thing and write them to a certain chip onboard, that companies charge $100-$200 to replace.

ohkwehonwe

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

im still researching the sony and fyi bios passwords can magically appear if theres problems in some of the hardware i found that right on the sony support site