Toshiba Satellite pro c650 won't turn on

dan1611

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
My daughter's Toshiba Laptop won't power up. She has tried removing the battery and plugging in the adapter only and still no signs of life. How can we find out if it's adapter or battery or other that's at fault. We were told that if the laptop won't come on when plugged into the mains via th adapter then it's most likely the adapter at fault, we obviously don't want to waste money buying something if it turns out to be a diffrent problem all together. Can anyon help.Thanks

dan1611

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Just bumping this up in the hope that soneone will have some suggestions :??:

zdbc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
If you have a multi-meter you can test the adapter. Read on the side of the adapter what voltages it is and test for that voltage across the power jack. Any electronics shop would help you with this if you don't know how to do it.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
It is often just a break in the connector on the power adapter plugin. you might want to go to newegg and pick up a new adapter with a universal connector. The last one I got cost $16 and I have used it on two laptops now.

dan1611

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Thanks. I ordered a multi meter yesterday, so will check the adapter with that. My daughter wants to avoid buying a new adapter just in case it doesn't turn out to be the problem. Is there anyway of knowing if the battery is functioning?