Is i3 or i5 most suitable , please help me decide !!!!

maryblue

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello, i am going to buy a new laptop after my old one is been stolen and i am confused whether i should get an i3 or 0r i5 processor type as am not very technically aware .
i am not sure whether how i use my computer is heavy multitasking at all,
but i would need a model that i can run Word, Photoshop professional, Skype , Facebook ,have quite many pages open , astrology software on , work on pdfs on and possibly downloading films and streaming music at the same time.. i dont play any online games , if that also helps .
As my budget is not too high, i have almost chosen the two models , the
Dell Inspiron 3520 i5-3210M (the one without usb 3 ports) and the Sony Vaio SVE1512H6EW i3-3110M . they are both very similar and same price but although i prefer the Sony , i think it may be best to get the Dell as it has the I5 processor .

if you can suggest which is the best of the two given how i am going to be using it , i will be sooooo so happy , am looking for days and i still cant make a decision!

Thanks a lot for any ideas , i just dont know how good the i3 is compared with the i5 for the same money and if getting the i5 will really be most suitable for what i need the laptop to do !

envy14tpe

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
What are the prices in USD? (please convert currency)

Have you seen both models? Sometimes it helps to feel the keyboard in person, not just look at a picture.

i5 is faster, but is it necessary?

maryblue

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
hello, thank you for the reply !
well, like you were in my mind,,, i was just thinking of that and tomorrow am going to check them out , it would be the best thing to do , yes !

and , again, i ll probably end up with the sony one coz i love its aesthetics so much .....
they both cost same money , 600 euros , that is 700 dollars, and the best i could find for that price ...

well, the i3 processor will probably be sufficient for what i would need it anyway, they are in all identical except that
the i5 may be a bit better but is more ideal for heavier stuff and games which i wont be doing ., i think i ll be happy with an i3 ..

so, the Sony shall probably be !!

THANKS very much for replying ,
be well and take care !

:) blue mary

maryblue

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
thank you good man, thanks a lot ! going to buy it in the weekend, still a bit dithering about with the idea of i5 processor ,
but its only coz of the hype around it at the moment and am getting juuuuust a bit tempted...looll

but as long as i3 will be enough to run many , pretty much light applications, all at the same time , then the Sony will be perfect for what i need it as you say . And style matters !!! :)

thanks for sharing , !! :hello: