Samsung NP350V5C-S08IL for medium gaming?

moradm

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hello everyone.
I am a college student but also a gamer, and since I live far away from home in the dorms and I had no money back when I started college, I bought a very cheap low-spec laptop.

Now as a gamer I surely do miss gaming and I decided I needed a "gaming laptop" although I know there is not such thing as a "good gaming laptop," but I need the mobility so much and getting a PC is not an option.

So I looked and I took attention of the Samsung NP350V5C-S08IL.
I will be playing games such as Battlefield 3 (and yes, I know I would have to be on a maxmium of "medium" settings) and Anno 1404, Black Ops, Omerta, Arma2, Metro:Last Light, Mass Effect III.

What do you think? (I can not afford any more than this to be honest, with 3 years warranty it'll make me calm about a chip burning out, and Alienwares are truly expensive, and higher specs mean higher price that I do not have.)
I don't mind playing the above mentioned games in Medium settings, I am a realist and I know "High settings" for those games will chew that laptop up.

Here are the specs (attached the relevant stuff:)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor 2.4GHz
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7670M 2GB
Resolution: 1366x768
HDD: 1TB 5400RPM

It would cost me (here in Israel) around $1,070 (yes, here taxes are very high and this is the lowest price for this model.)

Thank you!

pjrcss1984

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
you could almost run high setting with that laptop though you may run across latency and heavy loading screens because of the slow Hard Drive. If you can opt for 7200 rpm or a SSD with less storage space It would be a wise decision.

moradm

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I know it WOULD run high settings, but it would cause it to heat like a boiler. Medium settings are fine for me, will game only in hours of having nothing to do (like those right now, 3:30 AM with nothing to do haha.)
It is not customizable where I get it from, what are my other options?