silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Check it out on their page. They're gearing up to switch over to BOINC. I'm sticking with it.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My guess is early next year they'll make the switch.
So hows the THG SETI team doing? ,seems quiet around here:(

Team Anandtech 6th in SETI overall Teams

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is quiet. Most of the team has stopped crunching from the looks of it. A few of us are still going strong though.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you guys are so great why are you trolling here?

Anandtech's website is so lame compared to Tom's Hardware Guide, I wouldn't want to be associated with it.

<A HREF="http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=510E6639-84A1-465D-A914-07BDB039E379" target="_new">UD</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Michael on 11/18/03 01:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not trolling you idiot ,it was a joke,hence the wink similie at the end,which you'd would of seen if you had bothered to read my post properly instead of jumping to conclusions!:|
I used to be a regular THG forum member 4+yrs ago up until early 2000 ,but I got sick to death of all the childish arguments that went on in the HW(?) section.
I discovered AT Distrib Comp forum to be a very friendly place with flame wars extremley rare(no that wasn't meant as a recuite attempt:p) ,hence I left here,but I still pop in from time to time to see how the decent guys are doing.

People like you are the reason I left!:p

Re Anandtech vs THG ,that's a pretty childish comment (how old are you?) ,ATs flashing adds are bloody annoying ,but other than that the reviews are mostly pretty good ,as are THGs.
Now I suppose this is going to be a mini-flame war? or are you going to show me I've got you wrong? (maybe it was just a 1 off oversight you thinking I was a troll???)

Team Anandtech 6th in SETI overall Teams <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Assimilator1 on 11/17/03 01:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was thinking of joining the AT TeAm, but figured I'd stick it out with THG for a while yet. I post a lot over there in the OT (7000+ posts, silverpig = nick).

I definitely like the AT forums better than here.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am 35 and a loyal THG reader and fan and don't appreciate AT fan boys coming over here and trying to recruit our distributed computing team members.

By the way, there is a huge difference in the articles between the two sites and I personally find THG head and shoulders above AT.

<A HREF="http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=510E6639-84A1-465D-A914-07BDB039E379" target="_new">UD</A>

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you bother to read what I said!? I DID NOT MAKE ANY SERIOUS ATTEMPTS TO RECRUITE FROM THG FOR TA SETI!
That's why the smilie wink was there!!,understood!?

Team Anandtech has strict protocols (unwritten) about recruiting from other forums ,1 of them is 'do not recruite from forums who already have a team'.
I stick to that ,& in 1 instance where I inadvertantly did this I quickly deleted the links to AT when I found out that a team did exist there afterall.

I'm not an AT fanboy though you obviously are a THG fanboy.
Guess I was right about you afterall ,now act your age!

Team Anandtech 6th in SETI overall Teams <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Assimilator1 on 11/18/03 02:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You made a comment about people like me on THG forums earlier, but seeing your tone of voice, I think it is you not others that have a problem. You have a knack at being insulting and annoying with the way you write your posts. You are way over the top in your replies to any sort of challenge and you need to get a grip.

<A HREF="http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=510E6639-84A1-465D-A914-07BDB039E379" target="_new">UD</A>

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
And this is why I now have 2x as many posts over at AT as I have here, despite my being a member here for a much longer time... :)

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Michael
Wrong again ,I VERY rarely have arguments with people on forums.

YOU accused me of Trolling & trying to recuite here ,it is YOU who was rude & annoying, not to mention making a false accusation ,& then instead of apologising for YOUR error you continue to argue!

YOU need to sort your attitude out & read properly what people write!.Get a grip yourself.

I just re-read my 1st response to you ,you are right,I did react a little too strong ,I shouldn't of called you an idiot for missing that wink smilie.They are easily overlooked here, I apologise for that.

Team Anandtech 6th in SETI overall Teams <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Assimilator1 on 11/19/03 12:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Silverpig
Sorry for having a hand in ruining your thread :( ,but I could not leave that accusation uncorrected.

Maybe now we can get back to the topic of S@H1 ending?;)

Btw ,a thread in AT DC last night had a link showing that BOINC were taking more beta testers again,I wonder how they've got on this time? (I won't post a link for fear of being accussed of hijacking members)

Team Anandtech 6th in SETI overall Teams

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I can find the link in AT DC :)

Hmm, good to hear there's progress at least. I can't wait to get on board.