Hp pavilion zd8000 gpu fail

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
hello
i'm repairing a hp zd 8000 for my friend and i discoverd that the gpu probaly failed
the only thing i i get on the screen is the hp logo the random lines through it an when it boots up i also have lines and than windows chrashes.
Can i replace the gpu on that laptop?

thanks for the help

it part of the system board. but i would connect a monitor to the laptop and see if the video out port has the same errors.a lot of times lines in screen is the screen or inverter board issue. I would pull the hard drive and 1/2 the ram and see if it boots to the bios and or a hirem boot cd without any errors. some laptops use onboard ram for video ram..if the ram stick is lose or bad..can cause issues. if the hard drive is dead it can also pull more power then normal causing mb issues.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

i did everything you said ans then i reinstalled the amd graphics driver in safe mode an suddenly everything started working again i can even boot up xp normally :)
but i will test this thing more before i give it back. i also have an extra quastion what does the middel fan cool i have no idea

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
everything is fine in there.
if i may believe youtube and the internet then i would need to bake my gpu to get it working cause it could be (andd i 'm pretty shure) that the solderings are busted
thanks for the help