Apple Was a 'Pain in the A$$', so MSFT Got Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Israeli Military? What foreign nation did they steal it from first? Sorry, but many tech companies don't trust the Israeli government, they have a bad track record of "borrowing" tech.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
+1 for Gamers, now we can dance without throwing the remote through the TV screen

-1 to companies that choose fruit as their company name

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Why am I not surprised? Apple seems to have demonstrated in the past that they are a particularly unpleasant company to do business with. They always insist on their business partner being the one getting the short end of the stick, even when a 50/50 proposition is possible. They've been known to lean on police to bully people that embarrass them, and slander other companies to draw attention away from their own problems. When people need their help, they're simply not there.

All in all, Apple's almost a textbook case for an antisocial disorder.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Good thing Apple didn't get connect. They would have tried to patent all two handed gestures as "a new and innovative method of user input" and then run around suing every public speaker on the face of the earth for patent infringement.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]i bet apple wanted them to sign non disclosure agreements about the non disclosure agreement...[/citation]
Wow, you can't even say something as simple as, "Sorry, can't tell you, NDA."
I could see that.

Israeli military? And we have to wait for hardcore games why again?

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
I can see the creative minds using Kinnect at Apple:

"Now you can take a dump like animals using this motion sensing device!". I bet Jobso is angry.

Cheers!

xFriarx

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Stryter[/nom]Yes, but Steve IS Apple lol.[/citation]
/agree

But really, M$FT cant be to much better. Just me, or does something smell a little fishy here with this guys story? Maybe M$ trying to lure some Apple (iPhone devs) to M$ (WinPhone7)?

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Whoa, this is a pretty big revelation, I think... Pretty amazing..

[citation][nom]burodsx[/nom]+1 for Gamers, now we can dance without throwing the remote through the TV screen[/citation]

You're holding/throwing a remote when you dance?
I think Kinect has found it's best use and best market though - Dance games. Expect lots of them. Lots of them.

[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]And we have to wait for hardcore games why again?[/citation]

I'd think developers are still trying to find a way to make their complex and detailed games work without any buttons..

.. I'm not trolling here, i'm being serious.

G

@hellwig

I believe China tops the Israeli government on poaching technology, and this is a private company not the Israeli government, Israel actually develop a lot of very good tech in the hope of leveraging it for security purposes, some of it, like PrimeSense makes it's way into consumer tech, i would have loved to know what the original 'security' purpose for this thing was

Status
Not open for further replies.