Asus laptop smart card reader

Luluye

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I recently purchased ASUS Vivobook for my daughter. She keeps getting this message everytime she wants to install a app or a program like itunes. "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" Then it it says "Connect a smart card". What does this mean. We checked all the packaging there was no card included.

thekatsmeow62

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Bake

Honorable
May 8, 2013

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? My son's ASUS laptop started the same behavior yesterday. I am not able to execute any administrative functions on his system as a result.

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Is this a personal computer? That's quite strange, since most smart card services are used on company computers on domains and such.

Take a look in the Services to see if it's enabled; if so, you can disable it from there.

Press Windows Key + R, Type "services.msc". You then are going to see a long list of services. Scroll down until you get to the "smart card'. Under "startup type", it should be "disabled" or "manual". If it's not, right-click and go to properties. Change the startup type to disabled and restart.

MindPunisher

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
I have the same problem. I already did that Asus_USA, thanks for the information though but I can't change it. I don't know what happen. All I just did before I got this problem is I updated my computer and this is the problem now. I can't log in as administrator then it keeps popping out the "Insert Smart Card". What should I do next? I really need the answer for this. Thank you all